Civilisation "who speaks English?"
This program is modified, as drawn up on the basis of:
- Secondary school programme Spotlight Bykova N.
- Integrated programme of teaching English to children 11-15 years.
- Sample programs (complete) secondary general education in English. 5-9 classes.
The Relevance Of
The problem of teaching foreign languages in the school is currently relevant. Purpose of foreign language teaching is communicative competence, which includes both the linguistic and sociocultural competence, because without knowledge of the socio-cultural background cannot be a communicative competence even to a limited extent. Language and culture at the same time provides not only the effective achievement of practical, educational and developmental goals, but also represents a good opportunity to maintain the motivation of students. The creation of this program was due to the strengthening of the role of the foreign language as a discipline to enable students to successfully engage in labour relations in the future. The programme is designed to promote and disseminate innovative experiences of training and education of students in the study of foreign cultures and foreign languages. The classes will promote awareness of the multidimensionality of the culture of peace with live cultural tradition of their country.
The novelty is in the acquisition of computer skills, the use of information technology in the classroom: computer testing, creating presentations, slide shows, organization of extra-curricular activities in English, active work with audio and video. Specifics of this program is its highly interdisciplinary in nature.
Purpose and objectives
Perspektinnuû the purpose of this program is preparing students for effective creative self-realization in the contemporary multicultural space through the dialogue of the Russian and English-speaking cultures.
Also as a aims are:
- Further development of the students ' foreign language communicative skills;
- Kul′turovedčeskoe development of the foreign language;
- Further development of the spoken and written language in the examined normleksika-grammatical and syntactic decoration-speech intonation;
- The formation of the ability to describe different phenomena of life and give them its own assessment in a foreign language;
- Development of skills of self-education, creativity;
- Development of skills to assess your level of modes of speech activities;
- Intercultural training, the formation of the cennostnoorientacionnyh of the world.
- acquaintance with the culture of the English language and the culture of English speaking countries;
- learning new vocabulary;
- introduction of the grammatical material;
- expansion and consolidation of lessons learned vocabulary;
- active use of the acquired knowledge in practice.
2. learning games:
- improve speaking skills;
- formation needs of self-expression in the various activities;
- development of creative abilities;
- the development of social and cultural identity in the process of socio-cultural values of national and world culture.
3. bringing up:
- foster sociability, kindness, culture communication, ability to work in a team;
- contribute to the socialization of students, an openness to the history and culture, language and traditions of other countries.
In teaching learning material in the programme used face-to-face and group work, practical exercises. Research methods, authentic materials. A particularly important role to play videos that create language environment in the classroom. And are a valuable source of information that enables the development of communicative competence and use innovative technologies, in particular the projects.
Age of students
This program provides for the construction of the learning process of students 11-15 years.
Terms of realization
This educational program is designed for 1 year and includes all the basic facts of the story and especially the life of the English-speaking countries.
Forms and occupation mode
The material is in the form of presentations, videos, quizzes, not tiring for the student. A variety of creative tasks will promote imagination and help you better understand the lesson material traversed. Students have to collect material, work with electronic information sources, dictionaries, encyclopedias, create projects and presentations, and more. In each session, students add to the already acquired knowledge an additional interesting material, dealing mainly with foreign language speech, both orally and in writing. Thus, this program is based on the "communicative approach". Using the communicative method in children develops the ability to speak and understand it by ear. In the process of communication and comprehension of English speech is being mastered and grammar. Students will learn to speak correctly.
It is advisable to use the following forms of realization of the program:
- protection of creative works and projects;
- online tour;
- the final lesson;
Mode of study:
The training will take place during the school year-36 hours per year (36 weeks) on 1:0 a week;
At the end of the programme is the formation of students ' socio-cultural adaptation and the development of tolerance.
By the end of the course students will:
- cultural characteristics and socio-economic relations of individual countries;
- features lifestyle and manners of communication representatives from English-speaking countries.
be able to:
- to discuss, express your opinion and to justify it;
- read the text of the study subjects;
- research and present mate ~ rial in writing according to the problem;
- perform project work (report, summary, presentation);
- to prepare an oral report and to speak with him;
- compare, evaluate, analyze the facts and draw conclusions.
- use the acquired knowledge and skills into practice and everyday life:
- participate in the ètiketnom dialogue.
How to test
- initial diagnosis (identification of ZUN who have children);
- Interim diagnosis (identification of the degree of assimilation of the SUMMER for 1 semester);
- Radiophysics (protection project, abstract).
The main form of realization of additional educational program is intermediate and final testing. Knowledge gained in the classroom, children can be appreciated also in open sessions, reporting of creative events and school conferences.
During the programme period are the following types of control:
Monitoring and evaluation should not only show the extent of learning, but also form the students respect themselves, maintain their confidence in their abilities.